Friday, January 28, 2011

Welcome to our Farm!

Welcome to our "Top of the Hill Labs" blog - an opportunity for us to share about life with our labs on our farm in Northwest Ohio. We are expecting a litter of Labrador Retriever Puppies next week and thought this blog would be a great opportunity to share the excitement. Stay tuned for more details as Gracie's due date draws near!
And now for some details about our dogs . . . Gracie, Mya and Maverick.


Gracie is our 4-year old chocolate lab. She is expecting her second litter of puppies on February 5, 2011. Gracie is a beautiful lab with a great temperament. Sire of this litter is Toby, a yellow lab from Buckeye Kennels: http://www.buckeyekennels.com.  We are currently accepting deposits for puppies. Send us a message at krieger@windstream.net for more details!

Mya is our young female from Gracie's first litter. She was born April 2010 and has been a wonderful addition to our family. Mya is free-spirited, loving and loves to have her belly rubbed.
Maverick joined our family late this summer. Weighing in at 75 pounds at only 7 months of age, Maverick is going to be a big dog with a very gentle personality.

We hope you'll stop back often to see pictures of the new puppies we're expecting next week. Stay tuned!

6 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I am now set up to follow your blog. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the new pups!
    Tammy Moeller

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like a stalker because I keep checking and checking this page to see if the puppies are born!! I am just so excited. I hope Gracie Mae is doing ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not the only one! I've been checking my email every half hour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny...me too! We went out and bought alot of stuff for our puppy today. So that occupied a few hours of my time! lol. While we were in one of the pet stores we saw a woman with a four month old yellow lab female. She was really cute. It just made us even more excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had my 2 month old nephew tonight to keep me occupied. We had a yellow lab, we actually just put her down two weeks ago. We have two young boys that want to get another puppy and we think it will help us all move on. They are great dogs! Well try to get some sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! A two month old baby, how fun!
    I'm sorry for your loss. I had a yellow lab also. He was an awesome dog! I'll try to sleep tonight but I'm not sure if it's going to happen. LOL. You try to get some sleep too! I'm sure your boys are pretty excited about the puppy also.

    ReplyDelete